Saturday, January 26, 2019

The Family System Theory and The Optimal Family System


This week, I had the opportunity to study about the family systems theory. This theory explains the roles and rules in the family. I wanted to share how this theory influences people individually and as a family.
First, many people express their love differently to others. For example, I have had friends who grew up in a household where their family never said I love you to each other. This doesn’t mean that parents or siblings don’t love each other. They just show it in a different way. In my own experience, my family would say I love you sometimes, but the majority of the time they would express their love through service and sacrifice. Personally, this has helped me to share my love for others in the same way. I also try and express my love verbally as well because some people may need to hear it. As an individual in society, I have come to understand that expressing love can improve the way you feel and improve how others feel as well. I know that as we try our best to express our love, we can change people for the better.
Expressing love to one another also influences the family altogether. This brings the family closer and makes each other feel secure. As there is positive feedback given in the family, this increases the quality of the relationships. I have experienced this in my own life. My family has always been pretty close but I know that we have always grown closer to one another as we continue to express love to each other. Love is a powerful tool in our life and we can use it to bless each other. I am so grateful for my family and what they have taught me on how to treat others.
I also wanted to share a thought about the optimal family system. I think it is interesting how the family can function through this system. I have learned that when a husband and wife work together to create a healthy environment for their family it functions more properly. On the other hand, when the family lacks communication it fails to function properly. I really like this concept because we can learn so much from it as we apply it in our own families. After learning more about this concept, I am excited to apply it to my future family.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Divorce

This week, I’ve come to understand more about divorce and remarriage. Here are a few statistics about divorce in the Unit...